GardenPrep for Tomatoes

Post your questions here. Be sure to include where you are from (city & state).
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, select the appropriate category and simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
dogorzaly@cox.net
antispam: no
city_state: Williamsburg, Virginia

GardenPrep for Tomatoes

Post by dogorzaly@cox.net » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:01 am

I have limited space for a vegetable garden.
Love tomatoes!
Andre suggested moving tomatoes to different growing areas each year, I do not have that luxury :(
What can I do/add to my garden area to grow tomatoes in the same area???

lorijones
Site Admin

Re: GardenPrep for Tomatoes

Post by lorijones » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:53 am

While crop rotation is a preferred method for reducing the incidence of pests and disease in the vegetable garden, many gardeners like you do not have the space to rotate crops in an effective way. Andre's good friend Mike has a small garden for his tomatoes and has been able to successfully grow good quality tomatoes year after year without rotating the crop. He does this by prepping the soil carefully each year. Here is his soil formula: http://inthegardenradio.com/v.php?pg=188. I hope this works for you as well.

Evanpurdom
city_state: Winnemucca, NV

Re: GardenPrep for Tomatoes

Post by Evanpurdom » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:57 am

It's really nice to plant a seed for tomatoes. Apart from only watering the plants gardener must also look after other precautions like protecting plants from the pests like rodents, beetles, ants etc.. A few days ago, my sister was facing the problem with rats in her garden area, destroying and making marks on every crop, but then after discussing this problem with one of my friends, he suggested me to take help from Professional NYC exterminator. Likewise, every gardener must take a prior precaution for keeping their plants healthy.

Return to “Garden Maintenance”