Goldenstar

Post here if you have questions about cutting, shearing, dividing, overwintering, etc.
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, select the appropriate category and simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
LDG
antispam: no
city_state: Charlottesville_VA

Goldenstar

Post by LDG » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:10 pm

Can I divide my Goldenstar (chrysogonum virginianum) now or when is the best time to do it? It has spread very nicely and I would like to move some of it to another spot. I'm hoping that I can just dig up parts of it to transplant and not dig up the whole, huge mass. Thanks.

lorijones
Site Admin
antispam: no

Re: Goldenstar

Post by lorijones » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:29 am

The best time to divide Chrysogonum is in the spring or fall. You shouldn't need to dig the whole plant, just divide off some rooted plants from the around the edges.

Return to “Maintenance & Propagating”