Transplanting and propagating ligularia odentata

Post here if you have questions about planting or transplanting perennials or bulbs
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, select the appropriate category and simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
wjzahorchak
antispam: no
city_state: Roanoke

Transplanting and propagating ligularia odentata

Post by wjzahorchak » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:09 pm

I live in Roanoke, VA. How and when do I transplant ligularia? Also these seem to regularly spread from there seeds. How and when do I take the seeds and plant them in a chosen location? What are the best locations and soil and sunlight requirements? I bought these plants at the Viette nursery some years ago and they have done very well.

Thank you, Walter Zahorchak

lorijones
Site Admin

Re: Transplanting and propagating ligularia odentata

Post by lorijones » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:20 pm

Now is a good time to transplant your Ligularia. Since the soil will remain warm for quite a while, there will be plenty of time for the roots to establish in their new location. They prefer moist to wet soils and filtered sunlight. They are great to plant in boggy areas and along ponds or streams. You can harvest the seed from the dry flowers and plant them in the fall or spring. Keep in mind that only the seeds from the species will germinate. The cultivars like 'Othello' and 'The Rocket' have sterile seeds that will not grow. If you have seedlings growing near the mother plant, they can be transplanted when they have grown to about 8" to 10" tall. The best time to divide Ligularia is in the early spring but they can also be divided in the late summer.

fogekaxego
city_state: adona

Re: Transplanting and propagating ligularia odentata

Post by fogekaxego » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:18 am

Pest control is the control of the diseases by applying the various types of the best pesticides like the material we use. The article and the blog are based on the sense of propapers review to get the chance of making the lawn clear from the pests.

Return to “Planting and Transplanting”