What is my name?

Post here if you have questions on or need recommendations for choosing trees or shrubs for particular locations or growing conditions.
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.

What is my name?

Postby Happy_Gardner » Sun May 29, 2011 7:32 pm

I have a large bush on my property that has leaves that look like a red bud tree, but are purple in color. Any ideas on what type of plant this is?

Re: What is my name?

Postby lorijones » Tue May 31, 2011 5:20 pm

There is a purple-leaf form of Cercis canadensis called 'Forest Pansy' - perhaps this is what you have. Can you attach a photo or two? It's easy to do just click on the Upload attachment tab below your post (it appears when you are actually writing a post or a reply to a post), click browse, find the photo on your computer, and click "Add the file".
Site Admin

Return to Selecting Trees & Shrubs - Recommendations