Shrub Suggestion

Post here if you have questions on or need recommendations for choosing trees or shrubs for particular locations or growing conditions.
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.

Shrub Suggestion

Postby jmcgee » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:16 pm

I am located in Richmond Va, and would like to plant a sculpted shrub along my property line. I would prefer something fragrant, possibly flowering. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Shrub Suggestion

Postby lorijones » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:44 pm

How tall are you looking for? Do you want it for screening purposes? Here are some suggestions of different possibilities:

Flowering: Althaea 'Diana', Hydrangea 'Limelight', Double Knockout Rose
Evergreen: Tsuga canadensis, Ilex fosteri
Fragrant: Viburnum carlesii, Viburnum x burkwoodii, Viburnum x carlcephalum

Here are some suggestions for screening trees and shrubs:
I hope this helps. If you are looking for something more specific, please let us know.
Site Admin

Return to Selecting Trees & Shrubs - Recommendations