Korean Lilac

Post here if you have questions about when and how to prune trees and shrubs
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
daddyt76
antispam: no
city_state: North Chesterfield, VA

Korean Lilac

Post by daddyt76 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:25 am

I have a four year old Korean Lilac. It has grown to about 10 feet around. This past year the number of lilac blossoms was greatly diminished.
I need to trim it back to a more reasonable size. When can I do that and how much can I prune it back? Will that improve the blossom production?

lorijones
Site Admin
antispam: no

Re: Korean Lilac

Post by lorijones » Fri May 26, 2017 8:44 am

Here is some information and tips on pruning lilacs. This should answer all of you questions: http://inthegardenradio.com/v.php?pg=726. They should bloom again beautifully for you!

Return to “Pruning Trees and Shrubs”