fig tree

Post here if you have questions about growing trees & shrubs, fertilizing, or selecting trees or shrubs
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.

fig tree

Postby micheleciuro » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:49 am

I found what looks like a fig tree growning in my side planting bed, about 1' tall. I had one 2 yeas ago that died and recently purcahsed a small 1' plant. Would this be a fig tree that had self seeded?
Michele
Sea Isle city nj
zone 7
micheleciuro

Re: fig tree

Postby lorijones » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:59 pm

It is possible that this tree came up from seed or even from the root stock of the tree that died. Perhaps the top of the original tree died but the roots were still alive and have put up a new shoot.
lorijones
Site Admin

Return to Tree Culture including growing and fertilizing