Burning Bush Leaves Are Turning Brown in Color

Post here if you have questions about growing trees & shrubs, fertilizing, or selecting trees or shrubs
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.

Burning Bush Leaves Are Turning Brown in Color

Postby educator35 » Tue May 10, 2011 12:34 pm

I purchase two burning bushes and planted them on Saturday. The leaves on one of them are completely brown. I am watering it, too. What can I do for this poor bush? Please help, Thank you! I live in Mississippi.

Thanks, :(
educator35

Re: Burning Bush Leaves Are Turning Brown in Color

Postby lorijones » Mon May 16, 2011 11:20 am

This is probably not and insect or disease problem. It is probably physiological due to too much water, too little water, fertilizer burn, or transplant shock. It could be that the damage occurred before you even got the shrub. If it was allowed to dry out at the garden center before you purchased it, the damage might not have been apparent until you got it in the ground. Over watering and poor drainage can cause root problems that may result in the symptoms you are seeing. Be careful not over-water it. The fact that the problem occurred within three days of planting, suggests that this is either transplant shock or that the damage had been done before you bought it. If you scratch the bark and the tissue is green underneath, the shrub is still alive and should push out new foliage eventually. Fertilize it with Plant-tone and rock phosphate (according to label directions) and water it deeply once every week to ten days.
lorijones
Site Admin

Re: Burning Bush Leaves Are Turning Brown in Color

Postby wilson.tony765 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Really nice one. If anyone is interested, there is more info Burning Bush Shrubs here..
wilson.tony765

Return to Tree Culture including growing and fertilizing