Montmorency Cherries

Click here if you have general tree or shrub questions don't fit into one of the categories below.
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
CarolN
antispam: no
city_state: Union Vale, NY

Montmorency Cherries

Post by CarolN » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:41 pm

I am in Dutchess County, New York

These trees have been in the ground two years. I purchased them from a nursery in 5 gallon containers. I use Tree Tone as a fertilizer. They bloomed beautifully earlier this year. I have no cherries developing. Is there something else I need to do, or just be patient?

Thanks,
Carol
Attachments
IMG_1271.JPG
IMG_1271.JPG (37.81 KiB) Viewed 619 times
IMG_1270.JPG
IMG_1270.JPG (37.68 KiB) Viewed 619 times
IMG_1269.JPG
IMG_1269.JPG (39.21 KiB) Viewed 619 times

lorijones
Site Admin
antispam: no

Re: Montmorency Cherries

Post by lorijones » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:37 pm

These trees look healthy and from what you said, they seem to be blooming well. I think you just need to be a little more patient. Stark Brothers indicates on their website that these cherry trees begin to bear at 3-5 years old.

Return to “General Questions”