Ants in Strawberry garden

Post here if you are having problems with ants
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
MESiever
antispam: no
city_state: Timberville, Virginia

Ants in Strawberry garden

Post by MESiever » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:10 am

How do I get rid of these pesky mean creatures? They have taken over. I have tried setting out the borax, sugar and water bowls, and seven, they are scooting right across like it is nothing.
Please help!
I have them in my rock gardens as well but I want to be able to pick and eat my strawberries!

lorijones
Site Admin
antispam: no

Re: Ants in Strawberry garden

Post by lorijones » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:34 pm

To control ants in your strawberry bed, you can spray with Bonide Eight according to the label directions. This can be used on fruits and vegetables but should not be sprayed within 14 days of harvest which might be a problem if the strawberries will be ready to pick within this time frame. Another product that is listed for control of ants is Bonide Bon-Neem II. This can be used up to the day of harvest. Always read and follow the label directions.

Return to “Ants”