whiteflies

Post here if you have questions on fruit flies, whiteflies, and gnats
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
lorijones
Site Admin
antispam: no

whiteflies

Post by lorijones » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:35 pm

I am having a terrible time with whiteflies in my garden and I haven't been able to get them under control. What can I do to get rid of them? I live in Waynesboro, VA.
Last edited by lorijones on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

lorijones
Site Admin
antispam: no

Re: whiteflies

Post by lorijones » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:45 pm

Whiteflies are a "bear" to get rid of! A strict program of control is necessary. Whitefly adults and their eggs are mostly found on the undersides of the leaves so it is important when you treat the foliage to carefully spray the undersides of the leaves. Here is a great tip for controlling whiteflies: http://viette.poweredbyindigo.com/v.php?pg=317. Be sure to read and follow the Label directions when using any pesticide.

yardloveranne

Re: whiteflies

Post by yardloveranne » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:59 pm

Is it a good idea to spray the soil around the infected plant also?

Return to “Fruit Flies, Whiteflies, & Gnats”