Yellow Jackets

Post here if you have specific problems with bees, wasps, and hornets
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
Lawnboy
antispam: no
city_state: Richmond, VA

Yellow Jackets

Post by Lawnboy » Sun May 08, 2011 8:15 pm

I have what appears to be a Yellow Jacket colony in sandy soil along a creek in my yard. What options do I have to persuade them to move on? I don't want to spray insecticide that close to the creek because of runoff unless it is my only option, but these bees have to go. Thanks.

lorijones
Site Admin
antispam: no

Re: Yellow Jackets

Post by lorijones » Mon May 16, 2011 2:18 pm

A safe product to use to get rid of these yellow jackets would be EcoSmart Wasp & Hornet Killer. According to the folks at EcoSmart, this product is not harmful to aquatic life. You should spray the nest at night or early in the morning when the bees are likely to be in the nest and less active. If the nest is close enough to the opening, the spray should reach in far enough to kill the bees. Be sure to wear protective clothing and follow the label directions when spraying.

Return to “Bees, Wasps, and Hornets”