Stink bug invasion

Post here if you have questions about stink bugs
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
Artsyme
antispam: no
city_state: Roanoke, VA

Stink bug invasion

Post by Artsyme » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:28 am

Here in Roanoke VA we are being invaded by these pesky stinky bugs. They are sucking the buds of my roses, on my tomatoes and peppers doing the same. I have tried Sevin dust (but not on the "flowers" to save the bees), Isotox on the roses, a natural organic flying insect killer, and a regular flying insect killer. I have also used Bayer systemic flower food. Nothing seems to phase these guys. I am having the house exterior sprayed next week, to discourage them coming inside, but other than picking them off the roses, does anyone have any ideas?

lorijones
Site Admin
antispam: no

Re: Stink bug invasion

Post by lorijones » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:13 am

You need an insecticide that is a contact poison - Sevin is for chewing insects. Here are some products that are safe for both vegetables and ornamentals and is listed for stink bugs:
  • EcoSMART Garden Insect Killer (kills and repels eith natural herbal oils
    Bayer Advanced Natria Insect, Disease & Mite Control
    Bonide Eight
    Bonide Insecticidal Soap
    Bayer Advanced Complete Insect Killer
    Bayer Advanced Power Force Multi Insect Killer

Return to “Stink Bugs”