Very hungry crickets?

Post here if you have questions about Japanese Beetles
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
Pam

Very hungry crickets?

Post by Pam » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:30 pm

This summer, I have been plagued by what look like crickets or grasshoppers and also some little flat, round green beetle-like things and they've eaten pretty much everything in my garden - strawberry leaves, rose leaves, apple tree leaves - everything, and sometines it looks like overnight! I tried spraying sevrin but there wasn't much difference. I know I ought to like these little pests, but I like my veggies, flowers and fruits more! What can I do to prevent the carnage next year?
Thanks!
Stuarts Draft, VA

lorijones
Site Admin
antispam: no

Re: Very hungry crickets?

Post by lorijones » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:49 am

Pam,
I noticed that you posted this question last fall, too! Sorry you had this problem again this year. You can try Bonide Eight instead of Sevin or Bonide Captain Jacks Deadbug Brew for an organic approach. The green beetles might be Japanese Beetles and these can be very devastating to plants. You should be able to control them with the same products; Eight or Captain Jacks Deadbug Brew. I am attaching a photo of the Japanese Beetle for your reference.
JapaneseBeetles.jpg
JapaneseBeetles.jpg (34.26 KiB) Viewed 1192 times

Return to “Japanese Beetles”