Japanese Beetles/Sevin Dust

Post here if you have questions on specific insecticides
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
Linda L
antispam: no
city_state: Saluda, Va.

Japanese Beetles/Sevin Dust

Post by Linda L » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:37 pm

I am over run with Japanese Beetles, I usually use Sevin Dust but it dawned on me that the Sevin Dust may be harmful to
all the beautiful hummingbirds I have. Is it???? Is there something else I can use that won't harm them?? I read somewhere
that dusting with self-rising flour would take care of the beetles. Anybody tried this? Would this be harmful to the
hummingbirds?? Thanks for any ASAP help you can offer. Have a blessed day. :)

lorijones
Site Admin

Re: Japanese Beetles/Sevin Dust

Post by lorijones » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm

I would switch to a liquid form of Sevin rather than using the dust. It is easier to control the application and avoid the flowers. You might also consider using Bonide Eight in it's liquid formulation. Always read and follow the label directions. I have not heard about using self-rising flour for Japanese beetles.

AbbeyCockerill
city_state: Adona_CA

Re: Japanese Beetles/Sevin Dust

Post by AbbeyCockerill » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:57 am

the beautiful garden is the key to the happiness of every landlord who wants to make his home clean and good smell. You are going to love with the essaypro who shares the technique that how you clean your garden on a daily basis in an easy way.

Return to “Insecticides”