bring outdoor plants indoors

Post here if you have insect problems on your houseplants or tropical plants
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.

bring outdoor plants indoors

Postby ace524 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:41 pm

I have houseplants, peace lily, christmas cactus, nephytitis,etc. Can I treat the plants and the soil before bringing them indoors for the winter and not bringing in unwanted larvae and bugs.
ace524

Re: bring outdoor plants indoors

Postby lorijones » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Spray your plants with Bayer Advanced Insect, Disease and Mite Control before frost and before you bring them inside. Spray according to the label directions. Alternatively spray with Bonide Eight and Copper Fungicide. Once indoors, use Bayer Advanced 2-In-1 Insect Control Plus Fertilizer Plant Spikes according to the label directions.
lorijones
Site Admin

Re: bring outdoor plants indoors

Postby olmommee » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:18 am

is there a drench I can use to eliminate soil borne creepy crawlers in my potted plants before I bring them inside?
olmommee

Return to Tropicals & Houseplants