Washing Vegetables Before Fermenting

Post here if you have insects eating up your vegetable crops
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
kevinmanuel
antispam: no
city_state: adger

Washing Vegetables Before Fermenting

Post by kevinmanuel » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:09 am

Hi,

I watched the video with Sandor and Dr. Mercola about fermenting veggies and I have a question about how to wash the vegetables before starting. It's my understanding to wild ferment you want the bacteria that grows naturally on the exterior of the produce. So what is the best way to wash these to make sure there are no harmful residues like herbicides and pesticides (even store bought organic can have residue) but to preserve the natural bacteria? I usually soak my veggies in a white vinegar and water mixture for 10 minutes...is this ok for fermenting or will it kill the good stuff?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://www.wildfermentationforum.com/v ... t=5785&f=5
Video marketing service

Thank you.

Roxann
antispam: no
city_state: Usa

Re: Washing Vegetables Before Fermenting

Post by Roxann » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:26 am

Cool video! Thanks it was really super useful to watch more
!

Return to “Vegetables”