Little bugs on raspberries, need help identifying

Post here if you have insect problems on your fruit trees or berry bushes
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
MichaelSmith
antispam: no
city_state: new york

Little bugs on raspberries, need help identifying

Post by MichaelSmith » Wed May 09, 2018 6:50 am

HI,

I have several raspberry bushes, some summer and some everbearing. The black/summer raspberries are in, and I am starting to pick every other day now. I have never used any pesticides on them, I just prune really well, and hand weed, and have never really had any problems.
When I pick the fruit, there are little, teensy tiny, fast moving bugs crawling on the berries, several on each berry. They don't seem to be eating the fruit or anything, matter of fact, I haven't noticed any damage at all, to either the fruit, canes or leaves. There are just these little bugs crawling around. They are very hard to get off, I have washed, soaked a bit, drained and dried them, and after sitting a minute or so, there they are again, crawling around. Any idea of what they are, and are they harmful to the fruit or plant, or even to a human if they are eaten? I hate to say, I'm sure we have eaten some (there are just too many of them for me to think I been able to get rid of them all). I mostly freeze them to make jam after the fall crop of red raspberries.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/v ... hp?t=16283
Video marketing service

Thank you.

Return to “Fruits & Berries”