blooming early

Post here if you have problems on your trees
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
wmallory
antispam: no
city_state: Hampton

blooming early

Post by wmallory » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:42 pm

My peach tree has blooms on it now. What must I do to prevent this from occurring? If there is nothing I guess I'll replace it with another . I'm in the tidewater area,thanks

Appledoc

Re: blooming early

Post by Appledoc » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:55 am

Practically there isn't much you can do to delay blooming of peach trees. But early blooming doesn't necessarily mean that your crop will freeze out and will probably result in earlier ripening of surviving fruit. Peach trees have about 10 times the amount of flowers that they need to support a full crop. Surviving fruit should be thinned to no closer than 8 inches apart when they are an inch in diameter (or sooner if it looks like plenty of them are making fruit.

Good luck!

Return to “Trees including Evergreens and Ornamentals”