Golden Rain Tree Root Rot

Post here if you have problems on your trees
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
etl1269
antispam: no
city_state: Ronkonkoma Long Island

Golden Rain Tree Root Rot

Post by etl1269 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:28 am

I have a 10 year old 20' golden rain tree that just started blooming but half the tree seems like it's dying. The foliage is turning brown and falling off on half the tree. Looked for any signs of borer , none / no bark damage/ and I don't overwater. Online info suggests root rot. Tree gets 8 hours of full sun, planted in my lawn, 8' away from the previous rain tree was lost to disease. Can I use a systemic Fungicide to combat root rot? Being on Long Island what would you suggest?

lorijones
Site Admin

Re: Golden Rain Tree Root Rot

Post by lorijones » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:29 am

I spoke to Andre about your golden rain tree and he said that he had the same problem with his golden rain tree. One whole trunk on his double-trunked tree died. He said that this is a vascular disease and spraying with a systemic fungicide would not help it. He suggested that you contact Bartlett Tree Experts in your area (https://www.bartlett.com/) and have them come out to inspect the tree and give you a recommendation. They should be able to diagnose the exact pathogen that is infecting your tree. He feels that Agri-Fos professionally applied through injection may help save your tree but Bartlett should be able to say for sure. Good luck!

cuvusyse
city_state: adon

Re: Golden Rain Tree Root Rot

Post by cuvusyse » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:47 am

Pests over the insects need to put formation along the facts it can be shared by the golden rain tree root over the fix problems. I used to get a report that was share at awriter reviews this was written over the skills part share by the other members on it.

Return to “Trees including Evergreens and Ornamentals”