Varigatted Lirope

Post here if you have questions about different fungicides.
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
Scottq
antispam: no
city_state: Roanoke va

Varigatted Lirope

Post by Scottq » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:43 am

Lirope are turning brown on tips and whole blades turning brown. I've read that this is some disease but not sure what steps to take or fungicide to use.

lorijones
Site Admin

Re: Varigatted Lirope

Post by lorijones » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:17 pm

This is probably Liriope anthracnose caused by the fungus Colletotrichum. There is no cure for the leaves already infected but you can use a fungicide to prevent it from spreading to uninfected leaves. Cut back the diseased foliage and spray the plant with Daconil or Bonide Fung-onil according to the label directions. This should help protect the remaining foliage and any new growth from the disease.

Scottq
city_state: Roanoke va

Post by Scottq » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:02 pm

Thank you Lori, I found Bonide Infuse and made first 14 day application which says it treats anthracnose, do you still suggest I use their Fung-onil?

lorijones
Site Admin

Post by lorijones » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:44 am

Daconil and Bonide Fung-onil both contain the active ingredient chlorothalonil which is known to work very well in treating many types of anthracnose in many different plants. Infuse contains Propiconazol which also works well but is used primarily to treat anthracnose in lawns. I think either should work but if you don't see results with Infuse, try the Daconil or Fung-onil.

rafyzyjiwe
city_state: adon

Post by rafyzyjiwe » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:29 am

We cannot watch the face of the celebrities that can use the radio system because it is a live audio base shows. In the consequences of online essay writing service we can set the radio channels in our phones according to our need.

Return to “Fungicides”