Spider Plant - brown tips and babies trouble

Post here if you have disease problems with your tropicals or houseplants.
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
Pam1953
antispam: no
city_state: 10036

Spider Plant - brown tips and babies trouble

Post by Pam1953 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:34 am

I had 3 spiders in one pot. Due to the crazy weather, I was not able to water properly and let it dry out too much. Then two of the three plants died rapidly. So, I repotted the surviving one. One point is that I had trimmed off some of the babies to give to pot and give as gifts -- (those are doing well) however, Also, with the surviving plant, one of the stems to a baby turned dark, died. What am I doing wrong?

gerrycoggin

Re: Spider Plant - brown tips and babies trouble

Post by gerrycoggin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:57 pm

I think the stem was damaged from the lack of watering. Trim it off and maintain a watering schedule so as not to let the soil ever completely dry out.

Return to “Tropicals & Houseplants”