Plumerias

Post here if you have disease problems with your tropicals or houseplants.
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
gary6497
antispam: no
city_state: Mechanicsville, Va

Plumerias

Post by gary6497 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:51 pm

I have 2 Plumeria's which of course I have to bring in each winter. They are about 4 feet tall but have not bloomed. One of them has bloomed before I think last year. The other is a cutting of the first and has never bloomed. When can I expect these to bloom and what can I do to help them bloom. I got them when I was in Florida.

Thanks

Gary Stauffer

lorijones
Site Admin
antispam: no

Re: Plumerias

Post by lorijones » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:21 pm

Feed your Plumarias with a bloom booster fertilizer such as Scotts Bloom Booster (12-55-6) according to the label directions. Bloom booster fertilizers are high in phosphorus (the second number of the three numbers in the fertilizer analysis). Phosphorus is an important nutrient for the production of flower buds and flowers. The label will instruct you as to when and how often to feed with this fertilizer.
If the cutting was taken from a branch that hasn't flowered yet, it may take it a few years before it begins to bloom. Since the one plant has bloomed before, the bloom booster fertilizer should help it produce buds and flowers again.

Return to “Tropicals & Houseplants”