African Violet-Milldew

Post here if you have disease problems with your tropicals or houseplants.
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
Elaine
antispam: no
city_state: Nanuet New York

African Violet-Milldew

Post by Elaine » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:13 am

I have three african violets that have what I think is powdery mildew.
I clean it with Q-tips and water or at times alcahol. In the summer they sit in my
garden bay window and now are under lights on my plant stand where they go when
I bring all my plants in from outside. In addition I have a new one I just started which
is doing welll so far, and three others that I have started from a leaf. The those three leaves
are also getting mildew. Hopefully it won't spread to the new plants. About once a month I have to clean them again.
It is a loosing battle. One of the older ones I purchased at Longwood Gardens a little over a year ago and don't want to loose.
Is there any spray I can put on them? Most of the mildew is in the center of the plants that can't be reached.
Would appreciaate any help you can give me
Thanks,
Elaine

lorijones
Site Admin
antispam: no

Re: African Violet-Milldew

Post by lorijones » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:02 pm

You might try Bayer Advanced Natria Insect, Disease, and Mite Control or Bonide Rose Rx 3-in-1 Ready to Use according to the label directions. These products are labeled for use on houseplants and should take care of your mildew problems. Maintain good air circulation around your plants to help reduce stagnant air that can encourage the growth of powdery mildew. Keeping the plants well spaced will help with this.

Return to “Tropicals & Houseplants”