Blueberry Leave problem

Post here if you are having disease problems on your fruit trees or berry bushes
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
mike259
antispam: no
city_state: Nutley New Jersey

Blueberry Leave problem

Post by mike259 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:31 pm

I have 3 blueberry bushes taht have a leave problem the leaves are changing color they are green and then have a red outline and then go to light brown towards the tips whic easy to break off in your fingers 1 plant is the worse the other 2 have slight effect on a few leaves need to know what it is I have images of the proble so I can post image or send to get a better answer
thank you
Michae

lorijones
Site Admin

Re: Blueberry Leave problem

Post by lorijones » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:00 pm

If you could post a picture or two, that would be helpful. Just hit reply again and click on the upload attachment tab below the reply box and follow the directions.

This could just be an environmental problem due to soil moisture conditions (too much or too little water), soil pH not low enough (blueberries prefer a pH of 4.5 - 5.5), or even a heat related problem. It may not be disease or insect related. We may be able to determine this better with a photo. Thanks.

mike259
city_state: Nutley New Jersey

Re: Blueberry Leave problem

Post by mike259 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Thank for the info found out it was a heat problem we had extreme heat with humidity and the plants had a case of sun burn my other plants that are in a different area were just fine and now with the normal temps the plants are all turning back to green health plants Hope to have berrys next year weather has been just bad with heavy snow in winter and now extreme heat the plants just shut down for the season
thank for all the good info

Return to “Fruits & Berries”