systemic insect and disease control

Post here if you are having disease problems on your fruit trees or berry bushes
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
mattnhsiu

systemic insect and disease control

Post by mattnhsiu » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:12 am

I have a small plot of plums, a pluot, culumnar peaches and culmnar apples...Is there a systemic insect disease treatment...similar say to Bonide's rose/flower drench....I love to be out, but time and family always lead to missed spray applications....and I always worry about sprays with kids and pet running around the yard. Welcome your thoughts on such approaches

Matthew T
Fairfax, VA

Appledoc

Re: systemic insect and disease control

Post by Appledoc » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:39 pm

I am not aware of a product that is registered to be used as a soil drench for systemic control of foliar and fruit diseases and insects under fruit trees where fruit is going to to be eaten. Some of them might be registered for ornamentals such as crabapples but the label specfically warns that fruits are not to be eaten. The problem might be that the pesticide residues within the fruit are too variable and might be too high with systemic uptake through the root system depending the amount of rainfall, etc. during the growing season, so such fruits are not to be eaten.

Return to “Fruits & Berries”