Carpet roses whites spots

Post here if you are having disease problems with your roses.
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.

Carpet roses whites spots

Postby Ekidokai » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:26 am

I have three carpet roses, different colors next to each other separated by about 18 inches. The red one on the far right has been getting this white spot stuff. The best way I can describe it is white rice kind of looking stuff. Now here is the problem. The plant on the right gets it bad and fast. It is covered. almost every leaf. I have put decease control on it but in a couple of days it comes back. I was only putting it on every four days or so or right after a rain. It just will not quit. The plant next to that one has very few leafs with this stuff on it and the plant on the farthest left has only s couple. I have sprayed them all. This white stuff eats holes in the leafs.

This has been happening every since I planted them 4 years ago. They are planted on top of the ground in a kind of raised bed I guess. and I put down about 800 ponds of potting soil and some of it was miracle grow. I water about every 7 days if they need it. I do use the rose fertilizer in the spring.

What can I do? Should I pull that plant up and replace it?

Re: Carpet roses whites spots

Postby lorijones » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:59 pm

This is probably not a disease but and insect problem like scale or mealybugs. Use a spray of Bonide Rose Rx 3 in 1. This gives broad spectrum control of many insects. Read and follow the label directions.
Site Admin

Return to Rose Diseases