yellow leaves and falling off one of many rose bushes

Post here if you are having disease problems with your roses.
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.

yellow leaves and falling off one of many rose bushes

Postby davidreed95 » Sat May 14, 2011 7:34 pm

I have many rose bushes. Some are traditional and some are knockout. I have one traditional rose that has leaves turning yellow and falling off, starting at the bottom. I had aphids on it and one week ago I drenched the base w/ Bayer Advanced all in one systemic. I drenched all of my roses, not just the one. Can you tell me what is going on? Thanks much, David

Re: yellow leaves and falling off one of many rose bushes

Postby lorijones » Fri May 20, 2011 5:40 pm

You are probably seeing damage from the aphids. The Bayer Advanced systemic drench will take about a month to really begin to work. It is best to use a spray like Bayer Advanced Insect, Disease & Mite Control or Bonide Eight in addition to the drench to kill the aphids that are currently on the roses. The systemic drench will keep them off once it has moved up into the leaves and stems of the plant.
Site Admin

Return to Rose Diseases