1st Lawn Cutting after Aeration/Overseeding

Click this forum to ask questions and get answers about seeding a lawn and renovating or partially renovating your lawn.
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
dogorzaly@cox.net
antispam: no
city_state: Williamsburg, Virginia

1st Lawn Cutting after Aeration/Overseeding

Post by dogorzaly@cox.net » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:44 pm

Andre,
I purchased a very good aerator, aerated and over seeded our lawn... and watered during our recent dry spell. The Grass and new seedlings are at least 8inches tall and I feel ready to cut for the first time.
My question is: When I make this initial cut do I collect the grass cuttings, or use a mulch blade and have the cuttings drop into the lawn?

Frequent Listener
Dennis Ogorzaly
Williamsburg, Va 23185

Return to “Lawn Seeding & Renovation”