Zoyza grass

Click this forum to ask questions and get answers about fertilizing your lawn. Find advice on when to fertilize and what to use.
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
earthman6
antispam: no
city_state: Newport News, Virginia

Zoyza grass

Post by earthman6 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:38 am

When and with what kind of feritilizer should I use on Zoyza grass? I have heard there is a colored type that can be used to keep the lawn green in the winter.

gerrycoggin

Re: Zoyza grass

Post by gerrycoggin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:31 pm

We prefer to use Espoma Lawn Food but any slow release lawn fertilizer that is listed for use on warm season turf grass can be used. You can make your first application of Espoma organic lawn fertilizer in late winter or early spring according to the label directions. If you go with a different slow release fertilizer, be sure to follow the label as to when it is best to apply it. I've not heard of a colored fertilizer. There are dyes that can be applied but they are rather pricey and don't look very natural. If you search "homemade lawn paint" you can find some recipes for creating your own lawn dye.

segaluzax
antispam: no
city_state: adona

Re: Zoyza grass

Post by segaluzax » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:43 am

It’s the forum about the different pests that have been here in the garden for different ways. According to some information customessaymeister is presenting the options related to the particular area.

Return to “Lawn Feeding”