Ficus

Post your questions here. Be sure to include where you are from (city & state).
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, select the appropriate category and simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.

Ficus

Postby JAYSH » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:45 pm

I have a rubber plant that I grew from seed about 20 years ago, and now it is huge. In fact it is reaching towards the cathedral ceiling in my living room! Is there any possible way to trim or stop its growth before it reaches the top. (I feel very protective of that plant!!!)
JAYSH

Re: Ficus

Postby lorijones » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:22 pm

Your rubber tree can be pruned back as much as you need to in order to reduce it's size. Be sure to cut it back to a bud. Andre prunes rubber trees "hard" in his gardens in St.Thomas. There is always a very slight chance of losing the plant but at this point you don't really have a choice because you probably don't want to cut a hole in your ceiling!
lorijones
Site Admin

Return to Annuals, Tropicals, and Houseplants