Stephanotis

Post your questions here. Be sure to include where you are from (city & state).
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, select the appropriate category and simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.

Stephanotis

Postby tdunn » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:13 am

I've got three Stephanotis plants that I started from seed, the oldest being 5 years old and as of yet none have bloomed. I've been using Green Light 12-55-6 bloom fertilizer for about a year with no results. It's growing up a trellis that sits in the south east corner of the living room between two sliding glass doors. Not in direct sunlight but still in bright conditions-maybe not bright enough. Any thoughts?

Thank you very much,

Tom Dunnock
Seven Valleys, PA
tdunn

Re: Stephanotis

Postby lorijones » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:44 pm

Plants that are started from seed often take much longer before they are mature enough to bloom. It may be that you just have to be a little more patient.
It sounds like they are getting enough light. They like as much bright light as possible without being in direct sun. They also like high humidity during the growing season.
You should also try to provide them with a winter rest period with less watering and nighttime temperatures on the cool side (around 55 degrees). This rest period may give them a better chance of blooming.
lorijones
Site Admin

Return to Annuals, Tropicals, and Houseplants