Euphorbia Milii

Post your questions here. Be sure to include where you are from (city & state).
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, select the appropriate category and simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.

Euphorbia Milii

Postby Karin » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:58 am

Hello, Mark
I have been listening for some time now to your Sunday morning broadcasts and have learned a lot from the excellent advice you give.
My question is regarding a Euphorbia plant I've had now for a 1yr plus and raised from a bitty little slip. It has bloomed from the very
beginning and is still going strong.
Now I notice that a few leaves turn yellow after watering and then dry and fall off. I would love to keep the plant as leafy as it is and
wonder why this is happening. I have not changed anything in my watering practice; it gets a thorough watering when soil looks grayish
and is dry to the touch. There is no water standing in its saucer and I don't add fertilizer, since it is growing marvelously without it.
euphorbia-for-web.jpg
euphorbia-for-web.jpg (72.39 KiB) Viewed 684 times
Karin

Re: Euphorbia Milii

Postby lorijones » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:20 pm

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you enjoy the show and are finding it informative.
Even though the top of the soil is grayish, the soil may still be wet enough. Yellowing of the leaves is typically an indication of over watering. Check the soil by sticking your finger as deep as possible into the soil. Water when the top few inches are dry. It is better to err on the dry side with these plants. It appears that you have the plant in a plastic pot that is inside a ceramic pot with a saucer. Be sure to take the plastic pot out to water and make sure it has drained completely before putting it back into the decorative pot.
lorijones
Site Admin

Return to Annuals, Tropicals, and Houseplants