Norfolk Island Pine??

Post your questions here. Be sure to include where you are from (city & state).
Forum rules
You can view the posts to the forum without registering but in order to post a question or reply to a post you must register as a user. Once you register, you can log in and join the discussion or post a question.

To post your question, select the appropriate category and simply click on NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY to an existing topic.

To upload a photo, just click on the "upload attachment" tab below the text box when you are posting a question or a reply.

Remember to include where you live (city & state) in your post, so you will get the best answer for your particular area.
iwetmyplants
antispam: no
city_state: Adrian

Norfolk Island Pine??

Post by iwetmyplants » Mon May 14, 2018 7:50 am

Hello,
Newbie here :) I'm also in love with plants and gardens but just really starting to learn how to truly care and understand them.

So, I was given a plant that I have been researching to figure out what type it is. Closest I've figured out so far is a Norfolk Island Pine? I'm worried about it as it's trunk area is brown and sharp at the bottom and beautifully green at the top. I'm in Adrian, Michigan.. before it came to me it was in the office of a metal distributor (Lansing, MI) I get supplies from near a window and they told me they knew nothing about it other then it liked coffee water? I'm really hoping there is something I can do to bring this plant back. I fell in love with it when I saw it...Right now I have it near a big window, seems to be enjoying the sun, once it gets dry enough I water it to the point the soil is moist again. I'm also worried that the pot maybe to small.

I'm not even sure if I'm in the right direction as to what type of plant this is, any info would be appreciated.

I'd also be happy to take more photos if need be.
Attachments
32260633_10214226516968955_1717276333240745984_n.jpg
32260633_10214226516968955_1717276333240745984_n.jpg (102.89 KiB) Viewed 133 times

Return to “Annuals, Tropicals, and Houseplants”